HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMA!!!!
lmfao im so late im almost two weeks late and i apologize
but!!!! i got your present :^) (one of your presents at least huehue)
here’s a shiny 4IV adamant mold breaker axew!!! uwu uwu uwu
also its name is den because you said so HAHAHAHA now you have another den in your army SURPRISE
HUGS AND KISSES I HOPE YOU LIKE IT!!!!
enjoy being 4 years old momma i love you a lot uwu
(now get online so i can give you den hehe)
TYPHOON HAIYAN RIPS THROUGH CENTRAL PHILIPPINES
Typhoon Haiyan is a Category 5 storm, the strongest typhoon of 2013 and said to be the “most powerful ever” to make landfall (with winds near 195-200 mph). Perspective: Superstorm Sandy was at 95mph when it hit New Jersey; Hurricane Katrina at 129mph when it hit land.
- Pre-emptive evacuations affect more than 161,000 families or more than 790,000 people in 37 provinces
- Typhoon Haiyan as seen from space
- Haiyan makes 6 landfalls - it affected an island chain in the central Philippines, making landfall in six islands. It gained wind power as it traversed through waters in between.
- Haiyan traverses areas affected by magnitude 7.1 earthquake - The earthquake left more than 200 dead dead on October 16; 1000 injured; 350,000 displaced. The survivors have been living in tents and evacuation areas. It passed through Leyte, Samar, Cebu (2.5 million residents), among others. All with densely populated cities, some of which are the poorest provinces in the country.
- 100 people killed in Tacloban — first estimate of casualties in the city reported today, November 9. Because the communication lines are down, the news centers have yet to take stock of the full extent of the damage. But the numbers are still expected to rise. The devastation was described as if a tsunami had wracked through it.
- 2:03PM 11/9: An estimated 4 million people have been affected by the typhoon
- 4:20PM 11/9: 90% of Baco Town in Oriental Mindoro flooded
- 4:55 PM 11/9: Bodies still scattered in Leyte as Visayas in shock
- 5:19PM 11/9: Negros Occidental under a state of calamity
- 7:34PM 11/9: Local officials expect the number of bodies found in Tacloban to reach 500
- eta: 7:45PM 11/9: Iloilo and Palawan declare state of calamity
- eta: 8:04PM 11/9: Update: 134 reported dead
- eta: 8:30PM 11/9: Thousands homeless in Ormoc, Leyte
- eta3: 10PM 11/9: Red Cross estimates 1,200 casualties
- eta3: 3AM 11/10: Aerial photo of Bantayan Island after Haiyan
- eta3: 3:23AM 11/10: At least 200 believed dead in Eastern Samar
- eta4: 11/0: Latest death toll could be 10,000
The victims need all the help they can get. Cities have been leveled, buildings made of concrete were destroyed by strong winds and storm surges. Communications have yet to be reestablished in most of the areas affected by the typhoon. The full picture left behind by Haiyan has yet to be established yet the devastation reported on television is already extensive. The government is bracing for large-scale relief operations. Virtually 1/3 of the country has been ravaged by this natural disaster. And we need help.
HOW THE INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY CAN HELP
- donations via the Philippine Red Cross (including PayPal)
- donations via Habitat for Humanity
- donations via ANCOP Foundation USA
- eta: donations via UNICEF Philippines
- eta2: donations via CARE Australia
- eta2: donations via Caritas Internationalis
- eta2: donations via GMA Network (credit card)
- eta2: donations via World Vision
- eta2: donations via AmeriCares
- eta2: donations via Samaritan’s Purse (Canada)
- eta2: donations via Canadian Red Cross (or you can text REDCROSS or ROUGE to 30333 to donate $5)
FOR THOSE IN THE PHILIPPINES
- text donations via Globe
- Red Cross and DSWD relief operations (infographic)
- list of ongoing relief operations via Rappler
- donations via ABS-CBN News
- eta: relief operations via University of the Philippines
- eta: relief operations via the Department of Education
- eta: pick-up locations for donations via Air 21
HOW TO FILE FOR MISSING PERSONS
Please reblog and add other details I might’ve missed!
AFTER 3 DAYS OF NO COMMUNICATION, I JUST GOT WORD FROM MY MOM THAT MY RELATIVES ARE ALIVE AND WELL!
They just landed in Cebu and I am so happy right now I am in public and in tears!
Thank you everyone for your help and concern!
On another note:
TAGS TO BE NOTED IN CASE ANYONE IS NEED IN ANY OF ASSISTANCE!
Please remember to keep these tags clear so that the government or any operators viewing them can address problems right away!
(because even soldiers worth a hundred men need their days off.)
Gloriously blurry photos of Mikasa on a day off for Halloween, simply because my jacket didn’t arrive in the mail on time.
Bonus goofing around for something I promised Syd I’d do in cosplay:
I’ll start “accepting Christans” when they get the fuck outta places they don’t belong and stop trying to convert people in poorer places to their faith. Jesus is not the answer to why they are in poverty. And I’ll start “accepting Christians” when every single Pray The Gay Away type of therapy stops forever and ever.
hey we’re friends so i’m not trying to start anything, but I’d like to offer my perspective! :)
I’m actually Christian pansexual! I’ve now had to leave five churches because I didn’t feel like I could express my beliefs and myself in the same building. So you are totally right. The homophobic epidemic is very real in the church, as it always has been. And it’s a very distressing, very opressive force that I personally have borne witness too. I can only say that I’m fortunate that I’ve only been attacked verbally, and never physically, so far. And it’s scary, and it’s painful, and it terrifies me every time I consider joining a new church. I’m familiar with the feeling of finding myself in a group full of seemingly funny, kind people that I can relate to, and realizing that they would never treat me with such courtesy if they really knew me.
So I could never pretend like this isn’t a problem. It affects my life every day. I still don’t know how to tell my mother that I’ve stopped going to church for the fifth time because I couldn’t handle the atmosphere. And I know that a lot of others have fared far worse than I ever have.
But the story doesn’t end there.
One of the first people who ever inspired me to be honest about my sexuality was a Christian homosexual friend of mine. He didn’t try to sugarcoat the situation, and he expressed the frustrations that I just expressed. He was living with another family, after coming out to his own family, who were not accepting of him. He found books and resources that honestly evaluated those sections of the Bible, and we explored that together.
I don’t have all the Christian answers. And I sure the fuck don’t know when I’m going back to church, or when I’ll be able to handle the dissappointment emotionally again.
But holding any group responsible for its biggest biggots is wrong. I can’t do anything about those people. Believe me, I wish I could! I wish I could change all their minds. Maybe then I could go back to church.
to everyone reading this: please stop assuming each and every one of us happens to be a caucasian, middle class, heterosexual, cisgendered, trans*phobic, homophobic douche. When you do that, you are the one who is painting an entire group of people with the same brush. And suddenly you are the ignorant one.
^dear gosh thank you very very much
if you do this i might cry
well i jsut sat through 4+ hours of HD 358/2 days cutscenes included in the KH 1.5HD game and i need closure (again) so ehres a really quick doodle before bed
a slightly better annie doodle for marci nee